I always have a million ideas about what to do next, which makes picking the right one fairly difficult.
This weekend I decided to finally make the dress I had promised my cousin in September. (Yes, even I’m surprised she’s still speaking to me). The truth of the matter is, I always have a hard time getting started on stuff for someone else. I just prefer making things for myself… Is that so bad?
Anyway, I traced the pattern about 4 weeks ago but I was too lazy to cut the pieces. So yesterday, I finally managed to pick up the courage and from then on it was a no-brainer. I had done the pattern 5 times before so it would be a piece of cake. And so it was… except for one tiny detail: while doing the
5 previous dresses 2 previous dresses I had managed to put the collar on upside down. (I tweeted it was all 5 of them but seeing the pictures now, I see that it’s only two of them) I don’t know how I did it, the picture on the pattern was very very obvious!
But getting back to the dress: I didn’t like using the jersey facing as described in the pattern (as it wouldn’t lie flat), so I decided to try a biastape facing instead. I must say, it turned out really well. It kept it from stretching out too far as well, so all in all: I was pleased and my cousin was pleased.
Once the dress was finished I tried to take hundreds of pictures but I have a new camera and I didn’t have the time (or the courage) to go through the 300 pages in the manual yet, so it just refused to do what I needed it to do (take bloody pictures of the bloody dress –> probably small RTFM problem). So this is the only one that came out alright:
I still have some fabric left over so I might use it to make a skirt for myself. I just love the floral print at the bottom 🙂