This hasn’t been such a good week…
1. I had a bad case of the stomach flu. I’m never sick, but when I am, it just knocks me right off my feet.
2. I ordered a blind zipper foot for my sewing machine. It’s not the correct one. It’s useless… Stupid old sewing machine and stupid wrong info on the internet. Hate wasting money like this.
3. My boyfriend and brother-in-law pointed me at the fact that I look a lot ‘fatter’ on my blog pictures than I really am! Stupid camera really does not like me!
4. My mother gave me a project based sewing book for my birthday. It’s called ‘Rokjes‘ and it’s entirely about skirts. I normally don’t like project based books but I absolutely loved this one. Different patterns with suggested alterations/variations. It even has a chapter about drafting your own skirt pattern. So far that sounded promising. I’ve wanted to make a skirt out of this book on several occasions. Only problem is that the pictures of the skirts are absolutely hideous. It’s like the models were blindfolded and had to put on whichever skirt they found first. They’re just not flattering to any of them. So how do they expect me to feel comfortable making a skirt that doesn’t even look good on the model. But I’ll have to get over it in the end and do something.
But on the plus side:
1. My lovely mother is taking me shopping tomorrow. Not clothes shopping, as that would be ridiculous. But she’s taking me shopping for fabric, sewing stuff, patterns, the whole enchilada 🙂
2. Because I was just lying there on the sofa I started taking apart an old skirt my mother-in-law gave me (it was intended to be taken apart and re-used) and there was something very therapeutic about ripping apart RTW garments! And it went incredibly fast as well. The only thing left to do is figuring out what I’m going to do with it 🙂
3. Taking apart that skirt showed me that I might actually be able to do something with all the dresses in my wardrobe. I have a lot of them but I either hate the cut or they don’t fit me anymore. But on all of them, I like the fabric and I like the print and the colors. Taking them apart and re-using them for tops and blouses might actually be very rewarding. Can’t wait to show you all!