The one where I made pillows

Over the weekend we’ve moved our living room downstairs. It’s such a relief, because now I can do all the normal stuff without having to leave the baby alone. Since we haven’t got any doors downstairs yet, it’s basically one giant room so I can get to here so much faster 🙂

I love how bright it is downstairs and the fact that I can both see my garden and look out on the street. I never realised I missed it since our previous apartment only had skylights. I’m actually a bit sorry I took the bigger backroom as my sewing room as it looks out onto a wall and doesn’t have any direct sunlight. Maybe I can convince the husband to switch rooms…

But this is not what this post is supposed to be about.

When we moved our sofas I realised that the pillows we had been using were far overdue. They had been washed far too many times to get all the dust out and they had milk stains all over. Since they were the cheap IKEA kind and wouldn’t match our new interior anyway, I threw them out.

I bought new ‘naked’ pillows and for the first time ever I sewed something for our house. Since we haven’t decided on our paint or wallpaper yet, I didn’t want to spend any money on covers that wouldn’t last long anyway.

20140326-154228.jpg

I had this lovely blue wool felt in my stash. It was given to me by a friend last year and I had just enough for 3 pillow covers. Which meant I had just enough for 3 monogrammed pillow covers.

I love how they turned out and they feel a lot firmer than the old ones.

Husband comment: They’re so soft!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s