I´ve learned a lot of things the past two weeks, so let me share them with you!
- I have enough clothes to get me through 2 weeks minimum. I didn´t do laundry for 2 weeks and we´ve only had warm weather so I haven´t even touched the pants/long sleeve t-shirts/cardigans I had selected.
- There is no need to throw something in the laundry when it´s only been worn once and not dirty.
- I´ve got hardly any laundry now!
- I felt pretty good in my clothes the past 2 weeks. So no need to go emergency sewing!
(there is always a but)
Look at the pictures I pulled from my own IG feed:
These are my favourite outfits and they all have things in common:
- dark colours or jewel tones
- leopard print
- bolt necklaces/scarfs
The thing is, I don´t do Summer clothes. I am not a Summer person. I like sunshine, but I don´t like heat. I like layers and I like boots. I like Autumn ´till early Spring. On top of that, I don´t like separates. (unless they are maxi-skirts or wrap tops) I gave it a try, but I just don´t like them. I especially dislike pants and t-shirts. Give me a dress and I´m happy! Not too short, because I don´t like showing my legs too much. Not that I don´t like my legs, I just don´t like showing them. Give me a tunic with a pair of leggings and I´m just as happy. I don´t like button up shirts unless they are chambray. I just don´ t do buttons. I don´t do zippers. I like flowy fabrics, lightweight, movable. My dream fabric is rayon jersey. It´s just a shame that they are hard to come by in nice dark prints.
So basically I´m not a person made to own a wardrobe fit for breastfeeding. And that has been my problem for the last 6 months. Don´t get me wrong, I love breastfeeding and I´m planning to keep doing it but I don´t like wearing accessible clothes. AT ALL! I don´t like altering clothes for breastfeeding, I hate the whole concept. I´m over it, let´s move on. And take the stupid heat wave with you! #endrant
(I think I might be exhausted from night time feedings and in need of a nap.)
Long story short: Enough clothes for Summer, let´s start prepping for Autumn!